A van engulfed in flames was extinguished by Redding Fire Department Tuesday night in South Redding. Crews responded at 9:23PM to a home on Cedars Road a little south of Branstetter. Firefighters gained access to the backyard, where the van was fully involved in fire. Flames were knocked down quickly and prevented from spreading to structures. Inside the van, fire investigator Patrick O’Connor found a generator, which apparently had been running when the fire started. It was determined to have been the cause.