There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

Lint Fire Damages Home In Anderson

A house in Anderson was heavily damaged by fire Friday. Located at the end of Bourbon Way off of Shelly Lane just south of Anderson River Park, the house had a large garage and shop on the bottom floor and living quarters on the top floor. The fire broke out at around 10:30AM. Arriving Cal-Fire crews saw heavy smoke coming from the upper level and called for mutual aid from Anderson Fire and Redding Fire. The living area was mostly gutted, according to Cal-Fire Engineer Chad Benson. Benson says the fire was caused by a clothes dryer malfunction, likely a lint trap issue.