There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

Cigarette Sparks House Fire In Weaverville

A fire that destroyed a house in Weaverville on Sunday was caused by a cigarette, and attempts by the residents to deal with the fire just made matters worse, according to a story in the Trinity Journal. Weaverville Fire Chief Todd Corbett says the owner of the house at the corner of Short and Weaver Streets fell asleep with a lit cigarette and caught his bed on fire. He and his roommates tried to douse the flames but failed, then they tried to carry the burning mattress outside. Corbett said all that did was carry the fire throughout the house. It was about 75% engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. The house was a total loss.