There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

Investigators Say Improperly Discarded Ashes Spark House Fire

An empty house in East Redding caught fire late Thursday afternoon, and it was blamed on the next door neighbor. At around 5:20PM a dark plume of smoke was rising from the rear of a boarded-up house at 2787 Victor Avenue. The fire originated in the backyard and spread to a wood fence and then caught the corner of the house on fire. The cause was determined to be hot fireplace ashes that had been dumped by a resident next door. The value of the damage is estimated at $10,000.