There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

Update: Man Suffers 2nd Degree Burns In House Fire, Dog Being Treated For Burns

A Weaverville man remains hospitalized from a fire at his home on Saturday, and help is needed for his injured dog, according to the Trinity Journal. Firefighters arrived at the cabin on Washington Street just north of Highway 299 shortly after 5 O’clock. They quickly knocked the fire down before it could spread to a nearby structure or a gas station next door. The resident of the home, Kevin Stewart, was transported to U.C. Davis Medical Center by helicopter. He suffered second degree burns, possible third degree burns, and smoke inhalation. He was listed in fair condition, at last word. Witnesses told the Trinity Journal that Stewart kept running back inside the burning cabin multiple times to try and rescue his dog, Smokey. The dog is at the Trinity Animal Hospital in Weaverville being treated for burned paws. A GoFundMe account has been set up to help with Smokey’s vet bill. The fire apparently started near an old built-in wall heater. The cabin was saved but all the contents were a complete loss.