A Monday evening barbecue got a bit too hot for a North Redding family. Redding Fire Department was called at around 8:30PM to Calexico Drive for a reported house fire. When crews arrived they could see smoke pouring from the back of the house. The fire was quickly contained to the rear patio with minor extension into the house. Everyone was able to get clear of the fire and nobody was harmed. The residents had been using a propane barbecue in an outdoor kitchen area when it became engulfed in flames, though exactly how that happened is unclear. The value of the damage is estimated at $10,000 to the structure, and another $5,000 to the contents.