There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

Teen Accused Of Murdering Homeless Man Will Stand Trial

A judge has found that there’s sufficient evidence to charge a young Redding man with the murder of a homeless man last year. 50-year-old Karl Lee Bernardo was in his tent on October 19th of last year at a Redding homeless camp in the canyon below Mercy Medical Center when he was shot numerous times. Redding Police said Bernardo had been living in the Redding area for the last three years. Detectives processed the scene, reviewed video surveillance footage and spoke to witnesses before identifying then-19-year-old Alejandro Nunez Armstrong as a person of interest. Detectives said that during questioning Armstrong confessed to the shooting, though he did not provide a motive. A preliminary hearing was held Thursday. Armstrong will return to court for arraignment October 4th, when trial dates will likely be set.